Thursday, July 1, 2010

#2 : Internet Marketing Works for Online Business

.: Lesson #2: Know the difference between Internet marketing and Online Business.

You may stumble this two terms before, or may heard about it somewhere on the Net. You may think it gives the same meaning, (who bothers?) but it is actually the same thing?

Nope. It is not.

So what is the difference between internet marketing and online business?
(I've modified it a little bit to make it simpler)



Internet Marketing:
  • efforts made to markets one products or services over the internet
Online Business:
  • doing business activities by using or utilizing information and communication technologies, ICT.
  • in other terms is e-commerce (electronic commerce).

Which is, we can loosely say that internet marketing is practically our way/method to attract traffic (prospects/buyers) to our business site, while online business is how we carry out our business activities using internet-related technology.

For example, my real world business is about selling mini cupcakes in a box, and then I created a website named 'www.minicupcakesinabox.com' to sells my cupcakes online. My brick and mortar business is now become an online business. So to attract my prospects and to tell the world about my website, I post my cupcake information and website link in a blog comments, forum, or promote it with Google Adwords, etc. These methods of telling everyone about my business (marketing) is called internet marketing~

So now can you differentiate these two terms already? ;-)

Source origin:

InternetMarketingOnl9Class: "Heehee,before this I always misunderstood those terms too~"
;-P
:.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Advice? Saying hi? Don't be shy, share with the world what you think, because I love to hear it from you too~ Sharing is Loving~~ :-D (and sorry for my English.) ;-P